NOVEMBER 4 - NOVEMBER 5
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Discover the amazing world of polar bears, watch as our polar bear Blizzard gets special enrichments like salmon ice treats, frosting treats and play toys, and test your knowledge of polar bear adaptations. Join the effort to conserve polar bears in the wild by pledging not to idle your engine longer than 30 seconds.
Our other polar bear Boris will be chillin’ in his den this weekend after a check-up exam on Friday.
NINE WAYS TO CHILL WITH A POLAR BEAR:
- Watch Blizzard swim in his 11-foot-deep saltwater pool from the observation platform or go downstairs to come nose-to-nose with him.
- 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 pm: Chat with keepers and watch Blizzard get fun enrichments.
- Catch of the Day: See if you have what it takes to live as a polar bear in the Arctic.
- Super Scent: Polar bears need a powerful sense of smell. How good is yours?
- Awesome Adaptations: Examine the fur, teeth and claws of a polar bear to discover how well adapted they are for their frozen home.
- Bears in the Balance: Find out how you can shrink your carbon "pawprint" and become a Polar Bear Pal.
- Conservation Connection: Learn how Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium is helping polar bear conservation in the wild.
- Polar Bear Take Out: Take a tour of the kitchen where polar bear meals are prepared (10:30 am-2:30 pm)
- Join in our Electric Vehicle Ride-and-Drive! Come on Saturday Nov. 4 and test-drive electric cars and e-bikes around Point Defiance (just outside the Zoo entrance). You'll see how they run, and learn how they help polar bears by reducing emissions.
*Courtesy South Sound Magazine